Truck Pull/ Drag Racing Launching

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Im kind of wondering, when ever I see a launch whether it be in a truck pull or drag race with the Super Duties, you see and hear the engine rev high and black smoke bellow out and then all of the sudden theres a launch, and not the hold and shift phase..... IS THE TRANSMISSION ENGAGED, or do you have a Torque converter Lock/Stall that blocks the tranny fluid so the tranny isnt fully engaged till you hit a cyliniod (sp)? Or are you just wearing down the clutch packs.. Ive rebuilt many Trannies, and built them with sure shift kits but Ive never played with a race tranny that have TC Lockouts

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
What you mentioned eliminates turbo lag... one foot on the gas, one on the brake, when you got boost, let off the brake, slam the accelerator, and :burnit
I'm sure someone with more details will chime in here soon...

Last edited:

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Ya I now that, Your basically priming the turbo, Im just lloking at what types of mods have been done to trannies because I see diesels rev high and bellow smoke before the launch and I was wondering if there is a tranny mod

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing that IS a tranny mod....
do it too many times and your tranny is modded SO much you will need a new one :) :)

Actually power braking does increase wear on your TC...
that's why most people with autos that do that will let the other guy stage first...
that way you can limit the amount of strain on the system...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14