Truck Stalls and Hard to Start

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have been having a problem with my truck for a while now. It is easy to stall when I let the clutch out. When I start it it stalls. It starts much better if I keep the Accelerator Pedal down. I checked for codes, and none recorded. I replaced the oil filters and they looked clean to me. Its becoming a safety concern so I will have to go to the dealer and have this issue resolved. anyone out there had the same situation.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Was at the Dealer today they are going to look at it first tomorrow. He though it might be the CPS that might be causing it. They will also check and update. The service writer is Dave Ford, So I called him Mister Ford.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
The truck is fixed and works as good a new, and better then ever since I owned it. It never stalls while taking off on 1st. The tech. told me he first checked the ICP and found it weak and replaced it. But it never fixed the problem. They then check the recalls on my truck and found out it still had the camshaft sensor recall not done. He then replaced it and Bingo, it was fixed. It was their first time the recall was actualy causing the problem. Well I might get back my $100 warranty charge after they communicate with the warranty department.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
That's what I was told, I know one recall was for the 7.3L. But its also new to me. It was the same safety condition as the 7.3L, and replacing it did repair the problem. Its working much better then ever.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to know that TSB/RECALL
number...SPECIFIC to the 6.0

if you get a chance ask your dealer
to produce it or tell you the TSB
number to share w/ the rest of us.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I will know more later, maybe on tuesday for sure. When I picked up the truck he told me he had to check with the warranty/recall department to clarify. The CMP has been a common trouble for these engine as he told me. The writer had told me at first it felt like that but when they found trouble with the ICP they though it was it. But the CMP was the cause of the stalling. My truck has 70K and has been exposed to hard winters in Canada. All Fall I had starting issues. I will test it for a few days to make sure everything is ok. I have bought a Scan Gauge and it never showed any codes, i was sure it was the the gauge not reading right. But the Ford tech. also was not getting any codes.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will know more later, maybe on tuesday for sure. When I picked up the truck he told me he had to check with the warranty/recall department to clarify. The CMP has been a common trouble for these engine as he told me. The writer had told me at first it felt like that but when they found trouble with the ICP they though it was it. But the CMP was the cause of the stalling. My truck has 70K and has been exposed to hard winters in Canada. All Fall I had starting issues. I will test it for a few days to make sure everything is ok. I have bought a Scan Gauge and it never showed any codes, i was sure it was the the gauge not reading right. But the Ford tech. also was not getting any codes.

anything is possible and you could help us out if you can get the
TSB numbers...this is the 1st ive heard of the "recall" for ANY CMP
issues...and ive googled the hell outta it and cant find anything after
checking my normal TSB sources....no other forums mention it EITHER.

Page 53: Electrical Components

as for the codes...dont use a generic ODB2 scanner...you need something
w/ FORD "CAN" capablity to properly trouble shoot these trucks....
obviously i like autoenginuity but there are others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14