Truck Surging

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
My brother's 06 F-350, cc, fx4, torqushift trans has a surge at 45-55mph and some at higher speed in high gear.

The Torque converter has been replaced under warranty.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any codes ? could be egr valve...could also have too much oil in it.

04pssd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
04pssd my 04 model surged, first replaced egr, then turbo at dealer , seemed to fix the problem hope this info helps

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
He has had a couple of EGR valves replaced already and a turbo was put on when our uncle owned the truck.

I don't know of any codes and the oil level is good.

I rode in it today and it was stange. The motor sounded fine and did not change rpm. It seemed like the trans or torqueconverter may be locking and unlocking. I don't think that it is the motor but who knows.

The strange thing is I have an 06 F250 and the only work other than normal maintenance was the fold down console broke.
His has had a new torque converter, rear main seal, turbo, and this problem has been going on since he baught it form our uncle a little less than a year ago. There is 37000 miles on the truck and I don't know about the fuel filters.

Thank you for your input and sorry so long.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has had a couple of EGR valves replaced already and a turbo was put on when our uncle owned the truck.

I don't know of any codes and the oil level is good.

I rode in it today and it was stange. The motor sounded fine and did not change rpm. It seemed like the trans or torqueconverter may be locking and unlocking. I don't think that it is the motor but who knows.

The strange thing is I have an 06 F250 and the only work other than normal maintenance was the fold down console broke.
His has had a new torque converter, rear main seal, turbo, and this problem has been going on since he baught it form our uncle a little less than a year ago. There is 37000 miles on the truck and I don't know about the fuel filters.

Thank you for your input and sorry so long.

obviously the problem isnt being resolved or properly diagnosed....
if all those parts were replaces and the problem still exsists then
you might need to consider finding a new shop for maint.

when you say the oil level is "ok" what do you mean...please share
how much oil was used to RE-FILL after the oil & filter change ?

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
Bush,
I really can say exactly how much oil was used. He gets it done at a Dealer where he lives. All this easter egging has been done by a dealer that has spent a lot of time (somewhere in the range of a month total time here and there) with his truck. I don't think he wants to use another shop because he has a hooookup (family friend) with the service manager.

Personally I have no idea what needs to be done. My brother was talking about fuel injectors and the fuel system but to me riding in the truck I don't think it is an engine problem. He is taking it back to them on Monday to let them look at it somemore.

Thanks again, I will try to keep you all posted on what he finds out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58