truck won't start, replaced hpop

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took truck to ford they said hpop was bad, so i replaced it and still won't start. Any ideas

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I gotta know more about what happened when it quit starting...
what was going on?

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta know more about what happened when it quit starting...
what was going on?

It was driving fine, parked got back in started it idled for a couple minutes then died, started again then died for good, would turn over just no start. the cranking psi was 300 before i replaced the hpop, the reservior is at max level, icp was just replaced 6 months ago.

I had it towed back to ford again, let them fix it i gave up and raised the white flag

fordman60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
injection pressure regulator (ipr) could be faulty/ have a leaking o ring. it is located on top of the pump in the aluminum cover.

also how long did you crank it over for? it will take a LOT of cranking to get it started after a hpop replacement, as there is now air in the oil system. when i did mine, i killed the batteries and i had to hook up the charger to continue. try cranking the beast over more.

on my 05 the problem was actually the hp swivel fitting on the output of pump was leaking, i just changed the fitting to the uprgaded ford solid steel fitting and it works great. check your fitting.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg