TRUCK WON'T START

bearf250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been having trouble with my truck starting lately. It had been starting good but would on;y run for about a minute then it would die. Then I started pluging it up and that would help some but you would still have to let it warm up before you go anywhere. Well yesterday I went to start it and the wait to start light wouldn't come on and when I tried to pull the codes it said no response.
Some body help please

viper5035

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ooh i was just gonna make a topic on the problem of starting and then dying withen a few miniutes of you took off right away. the temp here this morning was about 30deg and i dont think it was a fuel problem because i was able to get it restarted and then let it idle at a high idle for a minute (foot on the accelarator to about 1.5k rpms) then there was no problem.

bearf250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
NO the RPM don't bounce around. I can hold my foot on the accelerater and it will run for a little bit then die anyways

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
sounds like your Cam Position Sensor. (CPS) They are realatively cheap. It takes about 20 mins to replace em. There's a wiki on here somewhere about it. Good luck, and welcome to SDD.com.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO the RPM don't bounce around. I can hold my foot on the accelerater and it will run for a little bit then die anyways

Try running a lighter oil.. My wag would be the injectors are using the oil in the Resevoir, faster than the LPOP can work the colder , heavier oil...

Some reading on the subject...Click me

Scroll down to # 5 it talks about the LPOP....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58