trucks not starting, keeps blowing the 30 amp gpr fuse

katarski

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i keep blowing the 30 amp gpr (glow plug relay) fuse. i have already tried disconnecting all 4 harnesses from the top of the valve covers, replaced the fuse, tried to start again and once again, POP goes the fuse.

does anybody have any other ideas?

where is my fuel heater? i hear thats on the same circuit.

thanks guys.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your fuel heater is in the fuel bowl just below the filter it looks like a wire attached to a silver plate. you'll have to disconnect it inside the fuel bowl.

Just to make sure what is the letter of the fuse that you're blowing, the cross reference list is on the underside of the box

katarski

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bjs, i have number 26 on the underside of the cover, is this what you mean.

thanks,

joe

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's your fuel heater. You can disconnect the weird-looking spade connector on the driver's side of the fuel bowl about halfway down. I prefer to disconnect it from inside the fuel bowl, though. Drain the bowl, remove the filter and lid and disconnect the heater element from the small spade connector inside the bowl (again on the driver's side). If the heater element has come loose from the threee pads that hold it to the plate, you can remove it while you're in there. If you go to replace the element (used to be about $46 from Ford), use a 7/8" crows-foot wrench to remove the plastic standpipe (note: its LEFTHAND threaded!) and then remove the element/plate assembly. Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14