Truckstop fuel prices

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
$4.29 a gallon at BP. The Citgo, where I usually fill up, is $3.90. It's the very same diesel, as all of the diesel comes from a tank farm at the south end of the county. There are even signs on the pumps at BP that state the diesel is not a BP product.

Someone convince me we're not being screwed without the benefit of a kiss.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
As far as diesel SUV's go, I don't think there are any new diesels unless it's a Mercedes. VW made a Toureg in a diesel and I think that Audi might have one, but the choices are extremely slim. You could also look for a diesel Excursion, but they're probably hard to find.

I was thinking about a Excursion or the Toureg. Id prefer the Excursion because I could work on it myself. I wont spend 50k for the Mercedes or any other luxury suv. Im going to pay cash around 20k for what ever we get. I dont do the payment thang anymore!!!

Diesel $3.93

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a commercial about BMW's new diesel sedan. Looks pretty sweet! :sly

they are very nice cars until you hit the 44k starting price for a compact car. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have one I just get sticker shock looking at prices of anything new these days. you can also get the same engine in the X5 for 52k base. The ones I've seen are not base models usually have around 5k of options on them.

dpantazis

Reaction score
smoky- how slow are you driving to get 50 mpg?

in my 06 jetta i cruise on the highway 'with both needles up' and lifetime average on the ly-o-meter is 48.3!

that is 5 years combined highway and city.

fuel here is anywhere 3.59 - 4.39. with a car that get 48mpg, i an pick and choose where i get my fuel!

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smoky- how slow are you driving to get 50 mpg?

in my 06 jetta i cruise on the highway 'with both needles up' and lifetime average on the ly-o-meter is 48.3!

that is 5 years combined highway and city.

fuel here is anywhere 3.59 - 4.39. with a car that get 48mpg, i an pick and choose where i get my fuel!

That's running 65 mph. I have seen 51ish if I drive 55 but that is on the newer constructed 4 lanes that have removed the hills and hollows to provide a flatter graded roadway.

According to the world record mpg on the Jetta was set at 58mpg in 2009. I traded in a 2001 beetle tdi with 239,000 on the clock and got 46 mpg with the 1.9L I also put probably 100k of thoses on home brew bio.

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $4.30 a couple days ago, its probably gone up since then. I live just south of seattle, everything costs more here. What a rip, all for "speculation".

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in a 2001 beetle tdi with 239,000 on the clock and got 46 mpg with the 1.9L I also put probably 100k of thoses on home brew bio.

Hopefully the new 2012 Beetle will be available with a TDI. I've seen some "spy shots" of it and it looks almost identical to the current one except for a slightly longer hood.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the new 2012 Beetle will be available with a TDI. I've seen some "spy shots" of it and it looks almost identical to the current one except for a slightly longer hood.

Although Diesel Fuel is higher that gasoline (can anyone see something wrong in what I just said), I still prefer the diesel engines. I bought the beetle when my drive to work was on my dime. (120 miles roundtrip daily) The beetle was fun to drive but needed more room for the family, thus the Jetta. Sold the Expedition the next week then bought the Superduty to replace the Exp and a 93 F150. The new beetle I think is on a Jetta wheelbase. With fuel prices getting higher, I'll be forced to crank up the Bio Reactor but will not put into the new Jetta. The DPF bothers me.

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
mahindra-pickup-large_22.jpg

I was planing on getting one of these, they were to have a 4 cylinder diesel, 5000lb capacity. But their imports are put off indefinitely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14