TS chip on a different truck

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new truck and wanted to throw my upgraded TS chip on whatever I get. Will My TS chip from my early 99 with a 6 spd trans work on other trucks? Or is it model or tranny specific?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it will need to be reburned for a '00 or an '01 or a different trans..
beyond there, '02 on it won't work at all on that style PCM.
You'll need a programmer

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can it be re-burned to ignore what instrument cluster or PATS module its hooked up to? Or would I need a handheld programmer for that like a SCT or similar?

Reason I ask is I'm putting it on to a 2000 m/y auto truck PCM and putting that into a 2000 m/y Excursion.

Also any suggestions on who I should get to re-burn it?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
always get the chip burned for the PCM # it's going into and the injectors it's going to drive

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are the SD's not like passenger cars? The passenger cars have to have the pcm/cluster "paired" to recognize eachother or you get a no start

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Reason I ask is I'm putting it on to a 2000 m/y auto truck PCM and putting that into a 2000 m/y Excursion.

Also any suggestions on who I should get to re-burn it?

well
1. that ain't gonna work at all if one's an auto the other a stick..
2. why would you want to swap PCM's in the first place?

3. you can have basically anyone you want reburn the chip, just make sure you give them the PCM number and let them know what injectors you're running with it (stock, single shot, splits, hybrids, etc.)

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well
1. that ain't gonna work at all if one's an auto the other a stick..
2. why would you want to swap PCM's in the first place?

3. you can have basically anyone you want reburn the chip, just make sure you give them the PCM number and let them know what injectors you're running with it (stock, single shot, splits, hybrids, etc.)

I had a 99 f250 6 speed. I sold the tranny and got a 4r100 that i'm rebuilding. I'm pulling the motor and putting it and the tranny into a 2000 Ex that has a v10. I needed an auto pcm so I swapped myne for a nvk4 auto pcm. Now I want to put the TS chip from my f250 on it with a reburn from PHP (if anything I want their drive thru whisper mode).
I dont want to swap the clusters if i dont have to cause the EX only has 140K on it and the f350 cluster has over 200k.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are the SD's not like passenger cars? The passenger cars have to have the pcm/cluster "paired" to recognize eachother or you get a no start

nope you can swap the PCM or the cluster with no ill effects mix and match at your heart's desire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14