TS Chip

Dieselmech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a TS performance chip. Cant wait till I get it. Ive herd that the TS chips are good for the 7.3's. Anyone out there running one, just wondering what to expect.

tr30

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought one last fall and like it a lot. is it a 6pos? if so what settings did you get?

Dieselmech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got it in today, but ran into some problems. After I installed it, I went for a little test drive. When switching the switch, the engine stalls and dies. It sometimes does it when going up in the positions, but always when going back down to stock. Heres the big problem, stopped off at wallmart to grab a few things, parked the truck and went to switch it back down to stock befor I shut the truck down. Engine stalled when switching back to stock, tried starting it back up, and NOTHING. Cranks but no start. I hope the damn thing didnt fry my computer. So, I had to call the lady and get a ride home:( And I got the same ones as you did. Stock, Hi Idle, 50, 75, 100, 140. But it did run like a bat outa hell when it was runnin.

BlueMule

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the truck start and run with the chip removed? Are you sure the contacts are 100% clean. The best way to completely clean them is remove the PCM and take it apart.

Dieselmech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tried removing the chip, still does not run. And the contacts were clean. Didnt take the pcm apart, but they were clean, all the silicon was off. Used a 3m scotchbrite pad. Unfortunately, i think It fried the pcm. I gotta tow the truck back tomorrow, and check it out.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing when I got it..Switching it shut my IPR down for good....Make sure if you pull the chip , your keys are in your pocket....Don't ask me how I know....

Dieselmech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ya, i pulled the chip to see if it would start with it out, and the keys were out of the ignition. By IPR do you mean the Injection Pressure Regulator? And what did you do about it, did the chip start working as it should?

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well....One of my friends was here at the time &..he pulled the chip with the key ON.. long story short..I needed a PCM... AND... a new chip....Eventually I figured out what it was ...It was the IPR.....Changed the CPS , PCM,..... IDM (thats another story)....IPR made it run again....

Dieselmech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the help. I guess Ill start from there. I hope I didn't fry the pcm, i cant see why it would. Had both batteries disconnected when I installed it. I just cant see why it would stall when switching positions. Does your chip switch ok now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg