TS performance

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
TS performance{ UGH}

I just installed the TS chip with stock TS tunes, 50,75,100,high idle,no start. well 50 and 75 hp dont feel any different than my superchips, 100 is better but an SES light pops up from overboost, The thing is, the trans feels way different than when i had the superships installed, way more mellow as far as firmness goes, then when im into it it feels like it shifts soft then almost feels like the lockup hits harder, I guess I was expecting a WOW, not really worth it in my book, I havnt towed yet so I guess I'll just wait and see, TS said to run in 75hp for economy, Ill put on some miles and see. I GUESS I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR A BIG CHANGE, NOT SO WITH THESE TUNES, AND THE TRANS SEEMS SOFT NOW...

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
i would honestly trash that chip. that chip wont increase the line pressure in the tranny (and if you dont have any aftermarket parts in it) you need that increased line pressure to firm up the shifts. The superchip increased the line pressure. If you continue to drive it as is, youll eventually toast your tranny because all its doing is slipping right now.

The same thing happened to me when i first got my dp tuner b/c i didnt have jody dial up the line pressure. I sent it back, and he reburned it and now it shifts great. The power delivery is far superior of the TS as well.

Give Jody a call and he will get you set up right.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why in the world would you get rid of the TS chip every other custom tuner burns on to those chips. He can spend $150-200 more and get all of the line pressure he wants and get custom tunes.

Just so there is no mistaking the TS does increase line pressure. Mine would shift so hard it tried to send you through the windshield on the 140 setting.

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
Im ripping the chip back out and im sending it to TWILDMAN, no more off the shelf chip crap, im gettin it done right........

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im ripping the chip back out and im sending it to TWILDMAN, no more off the shelf chip crap, im gettin it done right........

Check out PHP as well, great people. They will get you set up right. I love my 6 pos chip from them!

JRJ04

Reaction score
twildman and php might reburn them, but im pretty sure jody at dp will no longer do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58