Tsb 07-5-11 Vibration/hop At 40-48 Mph - (8.0 Hz)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
my damper was installed this morning
ITS freaking huge and probably weighs 20 pounds

bolts righ to the left hand side of the hitch frame web., which is odd since the left side of the truck has the most weight bias already, (driver, fuel tank)

big weight encased in rubber and is free to move around

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Thats a nice hunk of rubber and steel. Hope she don't come loose and blow some tires out.

wow wouldnt that be BLOW to ford, not only firepops but now Big honking hunks of metal and rubbr bouncing out at you.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oh and it does work... my passenger seat back didnt wiggle as much as it normally does :sweet

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bizarre !

and fwiw powerboatr...fords been chuckin' hunks of metal & rubbr
for some time (havent you heard 'bout the spare tires comin'
loose..)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
ok; what is that thing?

looks by pix that it is a large bushing on the spring bolt area...am i close..-popcorn

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
ok; what is that thing?

looks by pix that it is a large bushing on the spring bolt area...am i close..-popcorn

rits mounted to the aft end of the left support web for the reciever hitch assembly, its dampens unwanted oscilations at 40-48 mph so to speak

i think it came out of developement because the 05-07 crewcab 350s have longer springs to help with ride loaded and empty and i beleive this sets up some weird vibrations/harmonics at certain speeds. i have been playing with airpressure to limit mine. been running 45 on each rear tire empty which helps alot. at 80 empty it beats the snot out of you sometimes....

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had that thing put on my truck today. They had never seen one before and it took 3 of them 4 hours and a $100.00 worth of drill bits to get it installed.
It was funny watching them working on it. Sure hope it helps out some.:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

02SILVER350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So is this an '05-'07 only thing? I've complained about a "bounciness" at 40-44 mph the life of my truck(6 years and 128,000 miles), but never got anywhere with it.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first i've herd of a vibration never had a problem with mine (nock on wood) and I have over 32000 mi.:dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14