Transgo tuger kit
FTVB
Sonnax/tricumulator kit

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
iirc, the sonnax is basically some different springs

transgo is similar but includes more springs

transgo also makes a separator plate with different sized orifices to tweak the flows

the FTVB is a combination of the spring kits and separator plate. same as the VB upgrade from BTS.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
The Trans Go Tugger kit will have parts for the valve body and accumulator body. plus it will have parts for the pump and a couple of snap rings to replace the factory parts.

FTVB. This is just the accumulator body. Nothing wrong with it. Less work, easy to install. Remove old body. install new body.:D

Sonnax/ Tricumulator kit. This would be the simplest kit. It includes a Sonnax accumulator valve and three stiffer springs for the body.

I would recommend the Tugger kit. Its not hard to install. It covers other issues found in the tranny. Plus you can adjust how it shifts easily.;tu

dpantazis

Reaction score
hey speeder-

is the tugger the one that includes the semi-hard parts to go inside the tranny? iirc, one of them was valve body only kit, the other was for installation when you had the tranny out and maybe getting rebuilt. maybe front pump seal or retainer?

dennis

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Trans Go Tugger kit will have parts for the valve body and accumulator body. plus it will have parts for the pump and a couple of snap rings to replace the factory parts.

FTVB. This is just the accumulator body. Nothing wrong with it. Less work, easy to install. Remove old body. install new body.:D

Sonnax/ Tricumulator kit. This would be the simplest kit. It includes a Sonnax accumulator valve and three stiffer springs for the body.

I would recommend the Tugger kit. Its not hard to install. It covers other issues found in the tranny. Plus you can adjust how it shifts easily.;tu

What he said

The tugger HD2 kit is the full VB rebuild kit along with the semi-hard parts for the internals, front pump upgrades, & calibration plate.

This would be my choice

Sonnax spring kit is simply one part of the valve body and is one of the weaker points and is a quick fix. The FTVB from what I've read is essentially the Sonnax kits in a bolt on form so you don't have to deal with snap rings & springs yourself. (there are a few other minor mods too so I've heard) I have only first hand experience with sonnnax kits & the Tugger HD2 kit.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
hey speeder-

is the tugger the one that includes the semi-hard parts to go inside the tranny? iirc, one of them was valve body only kit, the other was for installation when you had the tranny out and maybe getting rebuilt. maybe front pump seal or retainer?

dennis

Tugger includes all the goodies. HD kit is just the accumulator body.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Now will it be ok to use the 4R100 HD2 tugger kit with a programmer, I bought a hypertech max energy . The max energy changes shift points, will that effect the shift kit or should I stay stock with programmer rather than shift kit and programmer????

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Install the kit. Drill the holes in the plate on the small side. Test drive it. If you like it leave it. If the shifts need improvement. Drill the holes bigger, but not to big.;tu

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
transgo Tugger kit vs FTVB vs DI Sonnax/tricumulator kit
Im asking whats does these do differently, which is recomineded
I want this to be the last time i go up in the trans, fingers crossed
Transgo tuger kit
FTVB
Sonnax/tricumulator kit
I have been using the Sonnaz/tricumulator kit for about 6 years now and I am happy with what it does for the shifting etc. Its a good $50 mod. Don't know what the other kit does but I sure don't need anything more than the S/T shift kit. Took about 1 1/2 hours to do laying on my back on the garage floor and I would highly recommend the kit.
Jim

Hypertech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The Hypertech programmer will ask you if you have a shift kit and if you do just select yes and it will adjust accordingly. You should be able to use all other features and enjoy the performance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14