tuner and dpf delete?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
a friend of mine want to do the dpf delete on his truck.what tuner should i tell him to get.needs to be able topass emissions by tricking the pcm into thinking everything is stock.he doesnt care about the fancy tuners that have the gauges and stuff.he doesnt want it to be visible either.so i need one that plugs in,downloads and then unplugs.he also doesnt want to spend alot of money either.

is there a good package deal somewhere or something that i can point him too?
thanx guys

Last edited:

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could do the SCT tuning from Eric at Innovative. I'm sure he can put the same tunes that he runs on the livewire on a Xcal 3 for you. That, or pick up the H+S XRT Pro tuner with their dpf/doc delete pipes. That way you don't have to swap the sensors over all of the time. That's a royal PITA....

Fine69

Reaction score
There are sensors before and after the DPF. Most tuners and DPF deletes lets you leave the sensors in the DPF so you don't have to worry about taking them out and risk breaking them. The older tuners required installing the sensors in the DPF delete pipe.

Georgia Stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the DPF delete on mine. I got a K&N filter and intake, SCT Programmer and DPF and Cat Delete. I am getting 17.5 around town and 21.6mpg on the highway. 2008 Crew Cab with 6" lift and 37" Toyo MT's.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome Georgia Stroker. You might want to re-consider your K&N Filter. They do not filter dust very well and this can lead to a ruined turbo. There are many others that work and still give you the performance you want. ATS is one and our sponsors have more.

Dave :coffee

Georgia Stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am not that crazy about the K&N either but the shop I had put it all on only had that one. They said they normally used the S&B but were out and I wanted it done last minute before I went out of town. I really wanted the Banks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track