tuner question.

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
i ordered an edge w/ attitude for my truck, which i have not yet recieved.

ive read alot about some of you guys with custom tunes via the SCT unit. ive got an SCT Xcal 2 with a custom tune on my cobra but thats an entirely different beast.

ill try to keep this short, i dont know much about tuning diesel but i know that im an adrenaline junkie and want excesive power. for example im seeing numbers around 800rwtq with intake exhaust and a custom tune via SCT. i dont see this being possible with the edge unit seeing as how theres no way to upload a custom tune that im aware of.

am i stuck with the power this unit will give me with no room for more? is there a limit to the power potential via custom tunes? (besides the obvious of supporting mods)

the edge says +200lb/ft and i know with an intake and exhaust im not making 600lb/ft. basicaly what im asking is if i ****ed myself for making more power in the future by buying the edge over another unit i can have custom tuned.

im as confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar.

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
If you're interested in HUGE HP... you ****** yourself when you bought an 01 w/ PMR's. You're limited to 400 RWHP because of that alone.

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
powder metal rods...instead of forged
the PMR's seem to have a breaking point of "about" 400 hp.

but, if I am not mistaken, some early build date '01s might have forged rods

(cant remember off hand, was it early build '00s or '01s?)

you have to do a visual inspection to make sure of what you have in your truck...

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Some where around 10/00 build date is the change over. Some have even reported seeing engines with both forged and PMR's mixed around that build date. You need to check out the block inspection hole to be for sure.

PMR inspection hole instructions

THe J/A is just a fancy ICP mod. It doesn't do anything to the PCM. Get a chip.:sweet

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
If you talk to any of the programmers, they'll say run the J/A in stock. Timing will change with the ICP mod. You can still use the Attitude monitor for gauges.

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
so, provided my truck can handle it, if i wanted more power than the edge can give me its useless besides the attitude monitor for guage purposes. and from there i would need to switch to a chip/programmer?

so basicaly i need to sit back and decide if i want to go balls out with my truck and get a programmer for future potential or if the edge will satisfy me.

6L PWR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
so, provided my truck can handle it, if i wanted more power than the edge can give me its useless besides the attitude monitor for guage purposes. and from there i would need to switch to a chip/programmer?

so basicaly i need to sit back and decide if i want to go balls out with my truck and get a programmer for future potential or if the edge will satisfy me.
I finally hit the point that the Edge just can't keep up. I wish, had I known about the SCT, I would have just bought it! I had the Edge Juice Platinum and Edge Evolution Stacked. When I went to the track last time, with the two Edge's stacked and NOS, I was faster with the SCT and no NOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg