tuner screwing up shifts

markee01

adam
Reaction score
hi im new to the board and new to diesels, i have a 2001, f250 auto trans, i have a sct tuner, i have had for a while, today i went to haul my tractor(small kabota) and decided to try the towing mode, thats when it started shifting fast, almost to soon, and almost felt like it was spuddering,which it was not, put it back to stock and it shifted fine, has anyone ever had this problem?

markee01

adam
Reaction score
I went back tonight and tried it again, and had the same problem, i guess what it feels like its cutting fuel between shifts, but i dont understand why it just started doing it? im going to call sct tommrow and see what they think.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i had borrowed an edge evolution tuner last week, and i HATED the way it shifted. unless i had it to the floor, it was shifting too soon, or too late.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who tuned the SCT? Was it from somebody or from SCT itself? I have one of Jody's (DP-Tuner) 60HP Tow tune and it shifts just fine. Actually, I only have the one tune and the PCM is set up with that tune.

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back tonight and tried it again, and had the same problem, i guess what it feels like its cutting fuel between shifts, but i dont understand why it just started doing it? im going to call sct tommrow and see what they think.
You can adjust the shift points yourself if you want. Along with the shift pressures. Have you tried that yet?

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With the SCT you can only do WOT shift pressures and WOT shift points.

It sounds like you have the SF unit. You will need a custom tune if you want your shift points adjusted at lower RPM's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14