Question tuner suggestions

05lariat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What is the best tuner/programmer for economy. I have a bone stock 05 6.0 that Id like to pick up a couple mpg's and a little power without affecting reliability. Eventually I want to add a cat back exhaust and an intake.

lomac9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what these tuners are on ebay that they sware does the same thing as the brand names. I know there is something to when they r charging like 65-100 dollars. What is the difference if someone could tell me.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
they are either used.. or something isn't the same... if they are used you might find some for those prices.... i would be cautious though...

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bama and strokepower said, go with SCT custom tuned by eric, I love mine.
Almost 3 more MPG when I am not in it to hard, But it is to fun to get those numbers all the time.:D

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
You need to let the old girl breath before you go programing. I would buy or make intake with a good filter and get 4 inch turboback exhaust then a tuner. Letting your truck breath better will be the first step in my opinion. Would you want to run a marathon trying to breath through a straw? You wouldn't be very efficient trying to breath through that restrictive straw Right? Its the same concept the factory intake and exhaust are very restrictive and that makes for poor MPGs. Good luck on your quest for better MPGs! Once you pop (the hood) you cant stop!

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.0 intakes are really not that restrictive, until you starting getting into mega horsepower. They do not have the same setup as the 7.3 trucks. It is a far superior system.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
The 6.0 intakes are really not that restrictive, until you starting getting into mega horsepower. They do not have the same setup as the 7.3 trucks. It is a far superior system.

x2... don't waste time and money on an intake for the 6.0 (in defense of 02 oilburner the 7.3 does have a more restrictive intake)...what was said about the exhaust is right.. you need to open that thing up to get the air out...

again when it comes to the 6.0 powerstroke you can't beat an SCT...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg