tuner ??

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
well i went to put truck on a dyno today only to find out when i got there that my pig is 8" too long.-mad front end would fall off the dyno.-mad
the guy asked if i had any goodies or planned any. said no (stock) and yes (want); exhaust, gauges, some type of tuner/chip. told him i was interested in:
1. sct
2. banks 6 gun
3. juice

fyi: his cost was $80. don't know if that is for one pull or two. he did tell me where to go but that guy won't do it until it is over 50 degrees. his cost $90 for two pulls. are these going rates??

he said i should not get any of those and should go w/ a diablo tuner.:confused: here in lies the question, who has them for their 6 0h and how do you like it? now i am all confutious. must go research diablo.

tia for feedback...:thanks

Reaction score
Red,

From what I have read and researched, Tony Wildman and Jody Tipton are two of the best programmers out there. I would contact both about costs and suggestions as part of your research. They will be who I contact when I save up enough money for gauges, exhaust, and chip. From what I've "read/heard", their support after the sale sets them apart.:2c

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yeah, i have read/heard that too. and are on my list to call when the money tree expands.... :D but they have nothing to do w/ diablo correct?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
aaaahhhh sooooo. with everyones input on who makes the best tunes, that must mean that no one uses the diablo tuner... is that safe to say.-popcorn just lookin for input on that piece.:thanks i've got enough input on my own accord for the other options i was already looking at...
thanks guys!

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a predator on my 03 and while it seemed like the BEST thing since sliced bread at the time

there is no comparison in my humble opinion to the SCT....

and some have inferred the predator pushed high cp's causing puking in the 03's ... and for a fact it only upped the pressure on the tranny - did nothing else to control the tranny which has proven problematic...

good luck on your decision, cuz it sounds like you've already made it :)

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yeah, to not get the diablo.:laugh i felt as if the guy was pushin it too hard

gotta love the new icons - :thanks mods!!

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
in my unknowing opinion, there are lots of good tuners out there, seems like everyone talks about how good of a product they have on there pickup, and how much they like the service they got, with everyone answering all their questions, etc,etc,etc,. one thing I have noticed about the 6.0, and most diesels, if you don't pay attention, they can burn up, which costs alot of money to fix.
what people don't talk about is the safe guards a tuner has, (programed into it ) that help to keep this from happening. people like me, who are still learning, really need to know about these things. These adds in the mags all say, buy me, buy me, get lots of HP, what they don't say is, your motor could blow up, if you don't pay attention, or , we have put in this safe guard, to help you, while climbing a big hill, and your talking to the wife, not looking at your guages.
I would like to put a tuner on my 06, 50, 80, 120, hp, sound fun, but with our income, a new engine, and having the truck down for a little while, would really hurt.
So my question would be, which tuner has the proper safe guards, to help my engine survive, make good power, any mileage changes, and what guages if any are recomended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14