Question Tuners for '02.....7.3L SD

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at tuners.....and yes Dp-Tuners is at the top of the list. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts, suggestions and/or personal experiences with other makes and models. All input greatly appreciated.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I've had a superchips and diablo sport predator....they dont even come close to comparing to DP Tuner. DP Tuner or TWildman is handsdown the best you can get.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my edge evolution II but if your after max power a custom tune will probably do it for ya but the edge was the cheapest way to get a tuner and gauges

JRJ04

Reaction score
I guess before we go any further here, what exactly are you expecting to get out of a tuner? Do you want nothing but pure power? Improve fuel economy? Racing? Improved driveability? Thats the 1st step in determining what you should get.

Do you have any other mods on your truck right now (intake, exhaust, gauges etc)? Tell us a little more about your current set up.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93turboanimal.....what kind of mpg increase did you see? and did you have to add any aftermarket parts ie..new exhaust? I'm mostly looking for mpg with SOME towing.....no racing or heavy duty mud slinging.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry JRJO4......as you can tell I'm really new at this posting thing and should have clarified...mostly I want fuel economy...probably pull a 5,000 lb boat 4 times a month during the summer and a 30' coachmen camper maybe 10 times a year ( no mountain pulling) mostly flat here in SC. right now i'm averaging 14-15 hiway and around town

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
well most chips are set up for 75hp under 8000# over stay under 40hp my bully dog i picked up 2.5mpg on the 40hp setting and 4 mpg on 75 hp setting and 100hp goes back down to 16

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93turboanimal.....what kind of mpg increase did you see? and did you have to add any aftermarket parts ie..new exhaust? I'm mostly looking for mpg with SOME towing.....no racing or heavy duty mud slinging.

I can't really say about mileage I've only had the truck since december so I can't swear that it was the reason but it did pick up about 1 mpg over what it was getting on the 100hp setting. I've heard others say that they get the best mileage on the middle setting of 80hp but the temp outside makes a big difference on mileage so until the weather stabilizes some I'll have to wait to get some hard numbers. My truck is all stock (for now)except for a cold air kit that was on the truck when we bought it. We just went to the truck show in louisville ky about 300 miles ran 70mph and then some driving around to get in and back to the hotel and back and a few turn arounds and such and got almost 18 with it on the 100hp setting. I looked around and got my edge for $430 shipped to my door comes with everything needed to mount it and comes with an egt probe just plug it all in and your good to go

P.S I forgot nice looking truck

treyloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running DI tunes on my truck and the shifts are dead on. And personally I'd rather the old school rotary nob over the digital switch that comes w/ a DP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58