Help Needed turbine all of a sudden quit working

starduster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
While driving all of a sudden loss of power,turbo boost needle shows no boost.I am 300 miles away from,I do have my tools but not my scanner.engine check light did not come on.is there any on the side of the road checks I can perform?I have wiggled most of the wiring with no positive results.any help would be appreciated.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check ALL your inter-cooler boots and connections. Sounds like you may have blown one off.. or one has a leak ( a split) ??

Joe

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
you should be able to hear the rush of air if the ic hoses have blown off, which like joe said is most likely what happened

little white rain hairspray and alcohol will fix it right up
clean the inside of the ic hoses with the alcohol and the dry
then spray a liberal application of the hair spray to the insides of the boots and slip em back on and tq the constant tension clamps
let dry about 10 minutes then drive as normal

starduster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry I have not got back with results.What I ended up doing was checking the EGR and it was not only caked with crud it was stuck open due to a piece of crud pinched in between the valve and the seat.I always have brake cleaner with me so I used that to clean it all up and stabbed it back in and it ran better than ever.Next is to pull the manifold and clean it out because it was so caked up with crud I can not believe that it is even running.I will also do general maintenance on all the other components while in there (hpop,turbo).

Thank you for your responses.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58