turbo boost presures

ducky1402

Reaction score
Ok, so just wondering what kind of boost presures everyone is safely seeing from these 6.4s. I was coming home from my recent trip through the mountains and the truck was boosting out around 31 or so psi occationally hit the 34 mark. Wasn't towing just really hard long grades 6 plus percent for couple miles. Truck seems strong just wondering about the boost.....:confused:

Big Grouper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Fx4 and pulling a 30 foot travel trailer in the texas hill country, mine will hit 34 to 35ish on steep long hills. I checked my milage (not by the computer but by gallons to filol and odometer reading) and I got 9.8 mpg. Not too bad! A gasoline 4x4 pulling an equivalent load gets 5 to 5.5mpg. This truck is awesome. Its my first diesel. I have had 7 gasoline 4x4's over the years. I WON'T switch back!

drames

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good information......I was just wondering about that the other day. I was getting on the interstate and stepped on it going up the ramp, which was pretty much level. The turbo only hit about 20psi and I was wondering if that was all it was supposed to hit? Sounds like it may be normal for running empty on the level?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58