Turbo diesel sport bike!

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Oct.'08 issue of Motor Cyclist and saw this article (p.26).

The "Thunderstar 1200 TDI" sportbike by Star Twin motors:
-450 lbs. wet
-VW 3-cyl. turbocharged, direct-injection diesel from the VW Lupo 3L
-Yamaha 5-speed tranny
-70hp/120 lb.-ft. torque
-93 mpg!

Sounds like they're on the right track with this thing! :sly Now if they could figure out how to put a PS in a cruiser chassis... :dizzy

Thunder Star 1200 Diesel by Star Twin - The Kneeslider

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
450lbs is lighter than my freeking 750......damnit i need one. too bad its powered by VW and tranfered by Yamaha......sounds like a recipe for catastrophic failure, or at the least frequent visits to the shop.

i have been waiting for this for some time, its slowly taking off in the utility quad world, so it is coming. :D

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
450lbs is lighter than my freeking 750......damnit i need one. too bad its powered by VW and tranfered by Yamaha......sounds like a recipe for catastrophic failure, or at the least frequent visits to the shop.

i have been waiting for this for some time, its slowly taking off in the utility quad world, so it is coming. :D
Hear anything good or bad about the Arctic Cat Diesel, Zook? The original Polaris Diesel was a one-and-done if memory serves. Who else is offering a diesel quad, if anyone?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
over here in the USA, a-cat and polaris are the only ones i know of. other countries have several to choose from, brands that we dont have here. i have seen the arctic cat being used by a paramedic at one race, looked pretty cool. he said he liked it. i havent heard much about it other than that.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
over here in the USA, a-cat and polaris are the only ones i know of. other countries have several to choose from, brands that we dont have here. i have seen the arctic cat being used by a paramedic at one race, looked pretty cool. he said he liked it. i havent heard much about it other than that.

I will tell you about it next year.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg