Turbo-Master Wastegate controller install question

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this on their 7.3? I want to know how the hell to get it installed and how to remove the old one! I bought one and have the instructions that came with it. The directions say its kind of tight. You have to have hands and arms the size of a five year old child to reach back there!!! Any suggestions would be great!

Oh! If you have the Turbo-Master what do you think about it?

Thanks ;tu

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it a few years ago. It's a pain. Watch out for the little hardware pieces as they tend to get dropped and lost. Use dental floss to tie onto them to retrieve them when you DO drop them. I did notice a little bit of a difference. The instructions are good so use them. I agree- you have to have patience and small hands! Good luck.

cvdenson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have it on my early bird. I found it easier to pull the turbo and then install it. It was well worth it in my opinion. The turbo spools quicker for me and I can adjust the wastegate as I see fit.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Hint ?

If it aint to late ?

Use a 6" flexible extension, and a 12 point socket.. on the end of a Cordless Screw Driver (after you break those small screws loose).

Have a Good magnet near the e-clip on the waste-gate arm.. with a dab of grease to help preventing it flying off (to a secret place).. use an Awl or a pick to remove it.

To re-install the e-clip.. use grease to hold it in place on the pin/arm at an angle.. then tap it on with a small punch and plastic mallet..

Works fer me :dunno

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put it in when I replaced my turbo. (otherwise I'm just not that patient) Adjusted it per instructions. Later, it a boost gauge installed, I could tweak a bit more...but really not much - so instructions worked good. I also like the quicker response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14