Help Needed turbo need cleaning?

06kngrnch84

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. I'm new to the site. First off I live in mississippi, I have an 06 F350 SRW king ranch crew cab fx4 with about 155000 miles totally stock. I bought the truck used about 9 months ago. On to my problem. I already know i have 3 failing injectors, trying to save up to get that fixed now, would do it my self but will have to find some good detailed instructions. Last week I stopped to get diesel, turned truck off, filled up, crunk back it in drive went to take off, accelrator to the floor, 10 mph, 0 turbo psi, and clouds of white smoke out the tail pipe. Finally after almost bringing the whole highway to a stop behind me turbo boost almost instantly to 30. Drove for a while running fine. Turned truck off at restaraunt, cranked up, same thing, this time engine light came on. pulled codes, p0069 and p0299.?? Cleared those. Has done it itermittently throughout the week, sometimes surges while cruising about 75 mph all of a sudden up to 20 right back down to 0, puffs of white smoke as this happens. Codes stayed cleared til yesterday went in store came out, same thing engine light on again. Haven't had the codes checked again yet.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Sorry about writing a novel, just want to be detailed as possible.

Thanks

06kngrnch84

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I actually went out today and was going to take my turbo out and try to clean it but the more i read and the more i look at it I realized I was pressed for time and was going to have to do it another time. While i was there I did do a little digging around. Disconnected the hose that goes from the turbo to the air filter, on the turbo side. The inside of the turbo from that point was spotless and shiny, does that mean the rest is that clean? Also I took out the air filter. Filter was clean with the exception of a portion of the outside of it on the bottom had oil on it. I dug a little deeper, the inside and outside of the filter housing was covered with oil. So i looked deeper. The big plastic hose that comes out of the engine and runs down under the air filter was also oily and and a small hole in it right under where the front side of the air filter sits. Not sure but it did not look like it was suppose to be there. is this a problem? Do i need to replace that hose? Took some pics can't upload them from my phone but I'm goin to try to do it ASAP.

Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You need to fill out your signature so we all will know where you live and what you drive. Go to the USER CP in the BLUE LINE above and next to FORUMS. Click on EDIT SIGNATURE and fill it out. This will help us help you better and saves a lot of typing "What do you drive?".

Dave :)

06kngrnch84

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for tip will I do that now. I drive a 06 f350 6.0L crew cab king ranch fx4 with 155000 miles

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58