Turbo Not Working

tractorman21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 F-250 with the 6.4 Diesel engine and the turbo doesn't seem to be working..While driving it yesterday,the engine had zero throttle response and would barely do 35 mph.I pulled over to visually inspect the engine and saw where the air fliter cup had closed up.I re-set it and the engine ran fine.I put in a brand new air fliter and the truck ran like it was brand new.Coming home from dinner tonight,it did the same thing.No throttle response and the turbo needle does not move on the gauge.I checked the yellow plunger on the air fliter box and it had not moved from yesterday.Is the turbo going bad,or is it something else? I forgot to mention,that the check engine light is on now..What am i looking at?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You need to scan these trucks to find out what the ECM thinks is wrong. You can get a good scanner at most Auto Parts stores. Just make sure it will scan Ford Trucks using CAN code and OBD II. Or you can take it to a good Auto/truck repair shop to be scanned. :thumbs

Dave

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dave said, get it scanned. Doesn't sound like a failing turbo to me, but it's too hard to narrow it down without some help from the code reader.

tractorman21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It was a bad EGR Valve.The Ford Dealer replaced it and the truck seems to be driving ok now..The service manager suggested doing the DPF delete when the warranty experies..Is that worth doing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58