Turbo Questions, wicked wheel, turbo bog/lag...

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting a wicked wheel finally... I was reading something about a turbo silencer plate in the 6.0L forum HERE ... Do the 7.3's have this? Also I don't know whats going on with my turbo but for some reason it bogs every now and then and I have no power. I don't know what it is but I am hoping that the wicked wheel helps fix this problem. Can anyone relate or does anyone understand what I am talking about? Will I experience any power and fuel economy gains from this?

I just recently had my PS pump whinning/whirring and did the flush... It went great, fixed that issue thanks from a few people from researching some of the threads on here and getting the info I needed.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The WW mod really isnt a true performance mod, you wont really experience a noticeable HP gain. The 7.3L turbo has no silencer plate or ring in it what so ever. Your intermittent power loss is probably due to the EBP closing when it isnt supposed to and the WW will not fix this. You should look at the back pressure sensor and the sensor tube.

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back pressure sensor and the sensor tube? Where abouts is that? Is the WW really worth it then?

It's funny cause about a year or two ago I complained about my exhaust hissing in cold weather and I was told that it had something to do with trying to get the truck warm. When it's really cold out about 25 and under the truck just sits there hissing away and the idle jumps up. If it's moderately cold 25-35 it hisses then stops then hisses then stops. Almost like the Hissing ramps up and gets cut off. It does it over and over again every 2-4 seconds until the truck warms up. But on colder days it doesnt stop. It did that again this winter and it's getting annoying and it's making me worry some.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yup, you are describing the EBPV closing or going through cycles. Once the engine is warm it shouldnt do this. The sensor is located on the front of the engine near the HPOP resrvoir, the tube will run from the bottom of the passengers exh manifold to the sensor. Not at all uncommon for the tube to plug with soot.

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you think all of my problems come from the EBP tube plugged with soot? That would eliminate the turbo bog/lag and help with the EBPV cycles?

JRJ04

Reaction score
i gotta ask...i was always under the impression that EBV and EBPV were the same thing. Is this correct? I also always thought it was located on the turbo where people commonly remove it and put in a boost fitting. I think im confused. can you please clarify?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
i gotta ask...i was always under the impression that EBV and EBPV were the same thing. Is this correct? I also always thought it was located on the turbo where people commonly remove it and put in a boost fitting. I think im confused. can you please clarify?

The back pressure valve is located on the outlet of the turbo, its simply a butterfly valve that is actuated by oil pressure from within the turbo pedistal. The EBS (sensor) is located front/center near the HPOP, that guy reads the exhaust manifold pressure (back pressure created by the turbo and butterfly valve) and based upon that and a few other conditions (IAT and EOT) it will send a signal to the solenoid that will allow the EBV actuator to move to facilitate faster warm ups in cold weather.

The point that folks hook into for boost readings in the MAP line.:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl