Turbo questions

John Boucher

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm doing some research on the 6.0 turbo. I'm collecting data on the turbo , for techs or anyone else that can help. In your opinions are there more failures due to mechanical breakdown or to heavty soot build up.
Also if anyone knows how hot is the air when it hits the turbo vanes.

Couple of more questions

how hot the turbo gets in regular driving conditions and what temp is the 6.0 designed to run at

thanks for the help

:sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i dont know, maybe no one else knows, that maybe why no one has answered your ?????'s

or, there is no use in answering them.

there could be any number of reason that turbos go bad.

John Boucher

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was just collecting data to find the main cause on turbo failures. I've been running a product in my truck since new and it has had had zero problems with it. In recent test the product I use had a semi's oil temp 45 deg cooler than an identical truck running without it. Since I've been running this in my truck since it was new I wanted the standard temps to compare mine with.

I was also wanting the temp of the air going into the turbo because the wax I'm using is amazing it doesn't let anything stick to it, the wax also has a really high temp rating and if the turbo vanes were wax with this product. It could reduce soot build up. So as to my questions the product with lower oil temp can help vital engine parts and possile less soot build up on the turbo vanes.

My truck averages 19.5 MPG doing 70 its an 03 F350 crewcab dually 4x4

budtoh3zo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
factory i seen around 900*F as for what causes them to go south is a list that can happen, Bearing failor, sticky vains. Who knows noboday can get a stright answer from ford

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O.K. I'll bite, what is the product that you are running?

Not the wax, because I refuse to wax the tubine's vanes.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Teflon Turbo? Now there's an idea... too bad it wouldn't put up with the 1250F peak temperatures...

John Boucher

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Give me a couple of weeks. I am meeting with a ford rep about the turbo issues. The product is not packaged or available for retail sale at this time, it's only available in large quanities being distributed to commercial and private companies. I can say this, the product is not teflon. I will let you guys know what I find out. Thank you for the information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58