Turbo repair at dealer turn around time?

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
I'm at 80k right now, so it's under warranty, but 100k is approaching fast and my faith in this trucks reliability is starting to fade...

I wouldn't own a 6.0L that isn't under warranty. My advice, start looking for a new truck, or saving for repairs on the one you have now!!

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
draftlover said:
I wouldn't own a 6.0L that isn't under warranty. My advice, start looking for a new truck, or saving for repairs on the one you have now!!

Been thinking about that, but it's a two edged sword. A replaced turbo at Ford runs about $3000 installed (+/-). Assuming this happened outside the warranty, AND I had another Ford turbo installed, I'd be out $3000. How much would a turbo from an aftermarket manufacturer run?

Buying another vehicle is an option, but it'd cost a lot more than $3000. Prior to the X I was trading vehicles in every year; once they got close to the 3/36 warranty ending, they were gone. Costs way too much money to keep doing that, especially with the rising price of new vehicles.

So, that's my dilemma. I've got plenty of mods on this one that I like, so I'm staying put. Guess I'll just keep saving money for repairs.:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14