Turbo sound

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Lemme start with I have a '99 but was curious about somethin. I've been hearin some 6.0's around town lately, why is it when they are stright piped the turbo is so much more pronounced? Or is it they have an exhaust kit? Just curious....Don't get me wrong though I love the way my 7.3 sounds. Thanks!!!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
"luke, you are not hearing any more noise form straight pipes" its all your 6.0 envy. :eek: :roflmao
you knw they do seem to sound more jet like right off idle then at higher speeds its terribly hsssss ing sounds. I hope to add to that this weekend with my new mbrp turbo back pipes
my7.3 witht e mangflow sounded like a jet to right off idle , then she got raspy like a 100 year old 2 pack a day smoker :p
Fireman said:
Hey folks,
Lemme start with I have a '99 but was curious about somethin. I've been hearin some 6.0's around town lately, why is it when they are stright piped the turbo is so much more pronounced? Or is it they have an exhaust kit? Just curious....Don't get me wrong though I love the way my 7.3 sounds. Thanks!!!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Its the variable vane turbo you are hearing on the 6.0. Its a totally different beast than the turbos on the old (or newer) 7.3L. They really sound wicked on a straight pipe when you build boost (like in a brake stance) and then drop off the throttle.

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
They really sound wicked on a straight pipe when you build boost (like in a brake stance) and then drop off the throttle.

:D :D :D

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.0l makes around 25-27 psi boost, stock at wot, in 3rd gear. could be the difference in sound.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think it sounds sweet around town you should hear it going up a 7% grade with a 11000lb fifth wheel in tow, passing everything going under 55 m.p.h. You should see some of the looks on there faces as you come up beside them and that big pipe is just a talking. :roflmao Oh, by the way I topped the hill at 62mph :thumbs

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg