turbo whine

strokedshrimp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Newbie here this is a great site,lots of info here.got one for ya.I have an 05
superduty with 40000 miles already replaced turbo (12000 miles) head gaskets
(15000 miles) I tow a 40 foot gn trailer with it.I have noticed when I first start it up take off normaly it takes a few seconds and then all at once the turbo just spools up.It started this about 6 months ago,also from time to time
when I stop I notice an exhaust smell inside the truck.cleaned egr valve,was not bad at all.but still have same problems. Sorry so long thanks .

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the same problem with delayed turbo spool, wans't consistant so was hard to diagnose. i was in an accident so it got replaced then. sounds like u got a bbad turbo. do u use ur truck as a daily driver or does it sit for a week at atime? try different fuels, other than that i don't have any ideas

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive heard that the turbos don't like to sit more than 5 or 6 days. they get all screwed up by sitting there, drive it at least once a week and that should keep it working properly. i drove mine all the time and only had the problem u listed happen to me twice over 30,000 kms.

oh, and when u drive it, make sure you do a couple of WOT (Wide Open Throttle) passes.

JRJ04

Reaction score
oh, and when u drive it, make sure you do a couple of WOT (Wide Open Throttle) passes.

This is really important because it forces the vanes to open and close. Running the heck out of it every now and then will keep the vanes moving and not get seized up. Sometimes when people dont really get on it the vanes have a tendency to hang up. This could be your problem with it lagging really bad and then all of a sudden just opening up all at once.

strokedshrimp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok "drive it like you stole it" i can do that, what about exhaust smell inside the
truck when i stop at a light

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
oh, and when u drive it, make sure you do a couple of WOT (Wide Open Throttle) passes

i can ditto that. it is especially nice to do it at night with a couple of headlights behind you going 65/70 on freeway and stand on it. people disappear quickly and it gets all the snot blown out of it....:turbo :burnit :drive

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58