Turbo ?????

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok coming home on Monday and it is 102 degrees outside and a light head wind. I am hauling my toyhauler loaded and pulling my jeep behind it this equils about 19,300 lbs. When I start to climb a hill my water temp. goes up and the check gauge light comes on this is not uncommon it happens occasionaly. This time tho I get a loud whistle from my turbo location and my exaust temp goes up and past 12 headed to 14. Now I seem to have a hissing sound coming from under the hood. So any Ideas:confused:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the power like ? is it the same or off a little ?
what the boost gauge saying ?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
factory boost gauge or a real one? For the increase in whistle, I'm thinking you're headed into an overboost condition, and it's somehow making it past the EGR valve... then the two systems try to fight each other...

bigtrxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having the same problem with my 03.I hear a whislte when im slowing down almost like if i was down shiffting.I also have high egt(1100-1200) and my boost acts up.Sometimes i could get about 21psi and on the other hand some times i get 8psi.When im on the hwy it starts to buck and jerk,and when it does that i get black smoke out my tail pipe.One thing that i did and kind of help is i removed tha mass air flow and cleaned it.I havent got it checked out yet but does anyone have any idea????

I have 245567mi. could it be the turbo going bad??:(

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having the same problem with my 03.I hear a whislte when im slowing down almost like if i was down shiffting.I also have high egt(1100-1200) and my boost acts up.Sometimes i could get about 21psi and on the other hand some times i get 8psi.When im on the hwy it starts to buck and jerk,and when it does that i get black smoke out my tail pipe.One thing that i did and kind of help is i removed tha mass air flow and cleaned it.I havent got it checked out yet but does anyone have any idea????

I have 245567mi. could it be the turbo going bad??:(

your problem sounds like the failing egr valve i experianced.
erratic boost under load and higher egt's

as a test disconnect the egr valve (when the truck is off) and
then drive the truck and see how things are.

you guys REALLY need to check for codes...they go a LONG LONG
way in diagnosing problems.

bigtrxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bush thanks, Ill check the egr later today when its not that hot.And for sure Ill go get the codes pulled this week.:thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14