Turbo

tractorman21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This issue just started today...
While driving down the road,i heard the turbo spinning really fast.The boost gauge was showing 20 lbs.,but the truck was hardly moving.I came to a complete stop and took off really fast.The turbo started spinning fast again,the boost gauge went up,but the truck didn't seem to have any power.What could be going on with the turbo?
I noticed back in the summer,on a very hot day,it would make the same noise and drive the same way.After you got going,it would quit.It was like the turbo was working really hard,but the truck wasn't doing anything?
Is this a premature sign of turbo failure?

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
how often do you drive it and how do you drive it....how many miles are on it..do you have gauges and let the truck cool down before youshut it off? just trying to get a littl info about you rig to help us try and narrow down the issue at hand

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
oh and when ya get a chance fill out your sig with your truck info so it will just pop up when you make a post to make it easier for the future....im not the best at explaining but i think if you just go to the quicklinks tab and go to edit signature that should get ya in the right direction...i hope haha:sweet

tractorman21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck Info.

Go to the USER CP above to fill out your signature.

Dave :)

I filled out the User CP form as requested.
Sorry for leaving out important truck information.
It's a 2006 F-350 4x4,with 75,000 miles.It has an automatic transmission and is used as a daily driver.It occaisionally will pull a trailer,but it is never abused.
So far,it's been a good truck and the turbo deal just started yesterday while driving down the road.I haven't driven it today,to see if the problem still exist.It's not showing a check engine light,so i don't know what's going on.
Should i keep driving it,or take it to Ford and have them look at it?

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to someone and have it looked at mine's going for a similar problem tomorrow. I had mine stick closed I believe 0psi boost and I also believe I have a y-pipe that's cracked. It started hard and rough this morning coupled with some mechanical noise then the boost problems became intermittent. I attribute some of my problems from it only being driven 2-3 times a week and most of those are spent towing a gooseneck horse trailer. I think my wife drives real easy with the horsies in it.:dunno We'll see tomorrow what the mechanic finds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14