comment turbo

StrokinItAllDay

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So today i was doing some research on how to check my glowplugs and was looking at the 6.0L Bible, while there i also looked at the turbo clip just because curriosity killed the cat. In there it says that if you disconnect the valve it will leave the variable vanes in an OPEN state. So really what it is saying is that if im having issues with my turbo sticking in the future i could avoid the headache later by disconnecting the valve now? But would it cause any problems?

Just some food for thought. I would really like to hear what everyone has to say about this. :dunno

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you disconnect the vgt actuator the turbo will eventually stick in that position and if you go to hook it back up it will be stuck and will have to be removed and cleaned.

StrokinItAllDay

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i agree to that statement but wouldn't it be better that it be stuck open rather than stuck CLOSED? And what is the purpose of having a variable trubo? doesn't the boost pressure vary anyway based off of throtle position and rpm anyway due to restrictions? or is this mainly a way of protecting the engine from an over boost situation?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58