Tymar prefilter

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at buying one of the prefilters for the tymar filter. Where did you get yours and how much did you pay?

JRJ04

Reaction score
x2

i bought one from there and was very happy. Pete was a great guy to work with and i got it timely...fits like a glove and is doing a wonderful job.

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
doesnt the prefilter restrict the air flow? Do you really needed it or its just cosmetic? :dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It keeps the fine crap out of the turbocharger. That stuff can and will eat your turbo.

Dave

I beg to differ with you here Dave. the prefilter is going to keep the larger junk from getting into the primary air filter, and hopefully prolong it's life.

Yes it will cause some restriction to air flow but no more than a mildly dirty air filter.

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
It keeps the fine crap out of the turbocharger. That stuff can and will eat your turbo.

Dave

I beg to differ with you here Dave. the prefilter is going to keep the larger junk from getting into the primary air filter, and hopefully prolong it's life.

Yes it will cause some restriction to air flow but no more than a mildly dirty air filter.

Yes Dave, because seems that everybody with a TYMAR filter WITHOUT a prefilter is dusting his turbocharger :eek: And Im agree with BJS about the restriction, because it MUST be some restriction for sure. :)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It seems to be the same with most other "performance" filters You get either clean air OR low restriction but NOT both. Get a clue...

Dave

JRJ04

Reaction score
i cant tell a lick of difference when i have the pre-filter on vs. when its off. for me, its a piece of mind knowing that im adding one more layer of protection. Ive had it on there for about 5 months and my filter still looks brand new

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
i cant tell a lick of difference when i have the pre-filter on vs. when its off. for me, its a piece of mind knowing that im adding one more layer of protection. Ive had it on there for about 5 months and my filter still looks brand new

Well it seems that we can use ONLY the prefilter. LOL. or you will change the DIY FILTER every 60,000 miles :sly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58