U joint and yoke broke

Stroked383

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 99.5 F350 SRW CC LB 7.3 and i let a buddy borrow it and he said that he was just pulling away from the stop light and the drive shaft broke. So when i got there i see the drive shaft laying on the ground and climbed under to see one of the yoke ears broke off. So now for the questions, I know that your suppost to take the entire rear end apart and put a new crush sleave and check the rotating torque and reset all your clearances and such. What will happen of i just put a new yoke and u joint in. how long will it last. hjavent driven it much just a test drive so far and its not making any noises. There wasnt any play in it once i put the new one on, but its wasnt tight or felt like it was binding either. So how long will she last and if it does get torn up what will i need. New set of gears, bearings, and pretty much everything that you would need to put a new set of gears in a truck right?

Thanks Alex

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
compared to a $9. crush sleeve and a $5. seal.

the expensive part is going to be the companion flange.

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
compared to a $9. crush sleeve and a $5. seal.

the expensive part is going to be the companion flange.

plus, axle shaft seals, gear oil, gonna have to remove the carrier to do it properly.... then when you look at the bearings your going to want to replace them any ways. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14