Help Needed U-Joint OOOOOPS

pacman99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but my son's 99, F250 7.3, 4X4 with lift broke a u-joint last night, he took the rear drive shaft out and proceded home. When the u-joint went it took part of the yoke on the pinion with it:clap:. I don't know alot about the rears in these, can the yoke be changed without having to go into the housing? I know some use a crush sleave to load the pinion, and heard you can't on these, but does this one? Has the stock rear, I don't think it's been changed, I beleive a Sterling?

Thanks in advanced for any advice you can give.

Don

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Hey,

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but my son's 99, F250 7.3, 4X4 with lift broke a u-joint last night, he took the rear drive shaft out and proceded home. When the u-joint went it took part of the yoke on the pinion with it:clap:. I don't know alot about the rears in these, can the yoke be changed without having to go into the housing? I know some use a crush sleave to load the pinion, and heard you can't on these, but does this one? Has the stock rear, I don't think it's been changed, I beleive a Sterling?

Thanks in advanced for any advice you can give.

Don

Don't know for sure about the Sterlings, but the Dana's do use a crush sleeve, and it's best to replace it when you change the pinion.

You might need a steering wheel puller to get the old one off.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the only reason I say to, is because it's cheap (a few bucks)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14