Uhm....Hello?

Kirk*

Diesel Dummy
Reaction score
Uhm...(taps mike nervously).. Hi. My name is Kirk, and uh...I don't really own a diesel yet, but I am looking to buy one in the next 60 days. I currently drive a Ranger, and need a bigger truck. Before that I owned a Titan, but since my dad bleeds blue oval (and drives a '05 250), it wasn't well recieved. Me, the wife and daughter don't fit the Ranger well, so upgrading to a bigger Ford was the next step. I plan to buy a camper trailer next year, so I need something I can haul with, and the F250 became my focus.

So, now that I am shopping pretty seriously, I have a bunch of questions and I surfed here via Google. I promise to not ask stupid noob questions w/o searching first, if you promise to go lightly when I still ask stupid noob questions.

First. What brand of spark plug is best for these trucks?

Okay, that was a joke. Anywhoo, Howdy. :)

Last edited:

Kirk*

Diesel Dummy
Reaction score
Nice. I have been reading on which PS to get, and have already learned alot. I was leaning towards the 7.3 for durability sake, and because my Dad's 05 6.0 blew a headgasket, and scared me about those. I think the dealership wanted $6500 to replace it. My pockets aren't that deep.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I wouldnt be afraid of the 6.0 I just picked mine up with 125k on the ticker and she runs like a scalded cat when you hit the go pedal. When you look at the trucks just ask the dealer to run an OASIS report on it and it will tell you everything that has been done to the truck under warranty and if they wont do it walk away and find another truck.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and ask away.

I hope you and mike are real good friends if your going to tap him nervously.:tounge

Kirk*

Diesel Dummy
Reaction score
Har Har Har.

Okay, I was just searching about Oasis (which I had never heard of until I came here, saythankee), and from what I gather, I can have it run free at any Ford dealer? I am looking at individually owned trucks, not trucks on a lot. Can I still take then VIN to a dealer, even if the truck has never been at that dealership? Like its a universal database or something?

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I dont know but as a buisness person I would say no if you were not purchasing it from me. You may be able to get your dads dealer to help you out if he has purchased quite a few vehicels from them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14