Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
So I pull in to fill up the truck at one of my regular stations in town and I immediately notice an odor similar to what I smell on the few occasions I have used B20. I think nothing of it and continue filling. I then notice a ULSD sticker on the pump and stating it was manditory in 2007+ engines and reccomended for ALL diesels. Ya think the use Bio as lubricity additive? I have noticed my truck running quieter than normal, but can't remember where I filled up last, two weeks ago.

FYI Watabudro this was at Alberson's on 544!

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
So I pull in to fill up the truck at one of my regular stations in town and I immediately notice an odor similar to what I smell on the few occasions I have used B20. I think nothing of it and continue filling. I then notice a ULSD sticker on the pump and stating it was manditory in 2007+ engines and reccomended for ALL diesels.
Haven't seen that sticker JUST yet out here, we still have LSD at all the pumps, not ULSD.

Ya think the use Bio as lubricity additive?
Totally plausible, but I would think that they would want to use a petroleum based lube additive, since bio is sort of thier COMPETITOR. However, with the push towards green energy, and apparently BP stands for BEYOND PETROLEUM now :rolleyes: it is completely possible tha they use bio for their lube additive. If so :sweet to the oil companies!

BTW, just for those wondering, 1% biodiesel as an additive can increase your lubricity by as much as 60%.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I had seen the "other" sticker that stated the fuel was not for use in 2007 engines requiring ULSD, but this was a first.

My thoughts were the same on the Bio and also figured they would label the pump of the Bio content to get some public greeny points.:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14