Unbelievable!

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My front leaf spring bushings (the rear of the spring hole) are basically nothing but the metal sleeve and the truck's just gotten scary to drive since they totally went to no bushing left. It pulls and wanders so bad that in this monster-truck I know I'm gonna kill some poor guy in another vehicle when it pulls my onto/into him!

So... I call every auto store local to me (about 10 of them) and see if they carry or can get the leaf spring bushings. Nope... SO... I call Ford, two dealers - one a truck only dealer. NOPE! Only the full leaf spring ($400 each) which I don't need. Now, owning expensive cars I know that some stupid parts can be costly. But $400 each for a rubber leaf spring bushing is enough to make me burn this truck to the ground!! How can Ford not carry something so simple?

OK, done ranting :cussing: Does anyone know where I can order a poly set from at a decent price? Talked to a local shop that can roll me a new main leaf for about $200 each with any size hole I want on the ends so I can easily get a new bushing if I ever need it again.

Any help would be great!

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just tried looking the other day for a new bushing for my front springs as well, thought they may have been shot. Turns out they are not servicable, so I called the local Ford dealer $185 a side for new spring. I didnt think that was too bad for a dealership. I didnt call any spring shops because it turns out that the bushings were fine just had a loose tie-rod end. Good luck

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summit Racing sells a whole pile of different poly spring bushings depending on the manufacture of the springs. (skyjacker, superlift, etc.) If you don't want to get them from summit you could just order them from a local retailer. They are only about $50 for the set.

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wingfoot tire off Grant St here in Orlando had the bushings for $18 each :) Going to try them and see if they fit this evening. They were super friendly and said they could even match me up a bushing if the spring hole was a different size (since it's a lift kit spring).

Not sure if they mail or ship but if not and anyone needs something from them let me know and when I'm in the area can pick it up and mail it to you.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that with my skyjacker springs only skyjacker bushings seem to fit the eyes. I believe it is the same case for superlift springs. Good Luck!

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:dunno Yup... stock Excursion bushings don't fit! I'm not sure what lift the springs are from, think it might be Rancho because the shocks are but....?

You happen to have a contact or place to order your Skyjacker bushings from? The bushing has to be about 1 1/4" outside diameter to fit in the eye tightly. The stock one's like 1 3/4"-1 7/8".

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last set I bought I ordered them through a local retailer. The skyjacker part# is SE90F. If you go on summits web site and look up leaf spring bushings they have them there. With your truck being as big as it is I doubt that the springs are rancho's. Is it possible that they are custom made springs?

Last edited:

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anything's possible, or should I say likely! I may wind up having to get a new mail leaf rolled..... :cussing: I'd prefer to put solid bushings in there since the top of the shackle still can flex and so can the spring somewhat. Ahhh... I'd just prefer to have it FIXED!! Thanks for the help :hail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg