undeserved good deed

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
I was at the filling station the other day and a lady pulled up and asked if I was a Marine. I said I was and the she swiped her card on my pump. She payed for my fricking fuel. I tried to explained to her that I got out in 1998 and this was going to be nearly a 100.00 dollar bill. But she would not here it. I prefusely thanked her and felt really awkward. Nice lady, im still speachless. Even though I tried to talk her out of it I feel guilty. Wish she would of hit sombody that is in now. Oh well, I guess I can just extend the favor next chance I get.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think your "undeserving" of a good deed...you served our country
thats more than most can say.

several months ago my wife and i were having lunch and i saw TWO
young men finishing their lunch (one was in uniform the other was
not...but they were BOTH obviously young SERVICE MEN)...I told the
waitress to hand their tab to me...

not enough people thank our military folks if you ask me...and every
time i see someone in uniform i tell 'em THANKS for your service !

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was extremely thoughtful of her! Just her way of payin' it forward. If you were in the military, you deserve it my friend!:sweet

Reaction score
Trust me, Boadie, you have earned it. Maybe not that day, but several years ago. Heck, you are one of the reasons we have this forum and are free to post our opinions! Thanks to you, and all of your other fellow serviceman (and my dad)!:sweet
When the opportunity presents itself, you will help the next guy out. That's how it works!:D

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
:clap: :clap: :clap: :usa :clap: :clap: :clap:
You and countless others deserve it, and more.
Thank you for your contribution.

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
I love to hear stories like this one. In the paper the other day a father of a son who just finished a tour wrote in to tell about his son's plane ride. he was in uniform and one of the ladies on the plane traded his seat in coach for her first class seat. Stories like that make you feel good and tell you there are still some good people in this country who are proud of our men and women in the Armed Forces.

dpantazis

Reaction score
Random Acts of kindness

Boadie-

if you really feel that 'guilty' about it, consider it a 'loan' and instead pay it off with someone who is currently enlisted. or somethings along those lines.

btw: how did she tell you were a marine? stickers on the truck? tats? just curious.

things like that are what i consider random acts of kindness- no explanation, no reason. just cuz. consider performing one yourself someday.

dennis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58