Union Pacific - Fort Worth

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I seen that UP is hiring for Diesel Mechanics in the Fort Worth area and was wondering if anybody here has ever worked for UP or know somebody who has. I just have the usual questions: is it a good company to work for? did they like it? What did they do? Was it a relaxed environment or was it like slave labor?

You know... the usual. Any info is always welcome, even for people who have worked for UP outside of Fort Worth. :thumbs

-Mike

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I have a friend that works for one of the Railroads in NorCal which would most likely be UP,I left him a message to see whats going on.:sweet

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every job is SLAVE LABOR...thats why its called a JOB <not retirement>.

speakin of which anyone here win that texas mega million lotto ? 10.75M for
26yrs !

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, while Tx is an at-will state...
any job now days it's just a matter of when they decide they don't need ya, it's time to go.

As far as the work environement... sometimes you can be a thermostat and make it better,
sometimes there's bigger 'thermostats' in the place that won't allow it to get better, just keep tryin' !

Good luck with it... and ALWAYS keep your skills current.....
you are not helping your employer, you're helping yourself !

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Mike I had mentioned your UP interest to my railroad bud and here's his quote,hope this helps you abit more :sweet
I would say to your friend to go where the job is, but give preference to BNSF or Amtrak first, UP is okay, but their management style now days is really draconian, and much less friendly and good to work for than BNSF. BNSF management has better heads on their shoulders, and it shows in the railroad, I think he'd be happier at BNSF, but like I said, if UP offers him a job, take it, he can always try to get on with BNSF down the road. Not to mention BNSF's HQ is in in Fort Worth, as is their NOC (Network Operations Center), which directs the entire system, if you get a chance to take a tour, do it, it's amazing!!

BNSF Railway Corporate Headquarters
Physical Address
2650 Lou Menk Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76131-2830

Mailing Address
P.O.Box 961056
Fort Worth, TX 76161-0056

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who replied. Ill look into BNSF, thanks for the heads up.

JohnBoyToo, here at work we have all the 'thermostats' in the management positions and they are just here to get a paycheck so i know what you are talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58