Unknown loss of coolant

silver6o

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 350 6.0 with about 42k miles. Iv had it for about 2 months now and since then Iv had to add about 6 gallons of the 50/50 mix.(this cant be the norm) I plan to take it to the dealer shortly but wanted to ask what could be causing this?

I cant find any leaks of any kind and theres no residue around the reservoir cap of any kind. Some friends told me that these engines can burn coolant and when it does you will notice white smoke from your tail pipe. I have noticed a little white smoke, but only when its cold, and isn't a lot.

The only mods I have is 4 inch TB with a muffler and no cat

Any thoughts?
thx

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Hello I have A little Loss of coolant but My truck is smoking, white Plumes and I just saw that the Muffler weap whole is dripping water(coolant) not sure witch one.Talked to the dealer they said they would send out a tow truck Tomm. do not drive it. Head gasket or Egr cooler? any Ideas thanks Scott

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
silver6o - most likely its your EGR cooler, but possibly head gaskets

BubbaNtx - Definantley EGR cooler, possibly head gaskets too

silver6o

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i actually have on more question. The only mod I have on my truck is the exhaust, do you think ford would try to void my warranty?

atk

Reaction score
i actually have on more question. The only mod I have on my truck is the exhaust, do you think ford would try to void my warranty?

it will depend on the dealer. some are mod friendly, some aren`t. if they want the work, they won`t complain....

try talking to them first, ask questions how they feel about diferent mods on the truck. there reaction should beable to tell you whether to take your truck there or not...hope this helps

SiFlyBy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Exhaust usually isnt an issue on 6.0L's. Unless the dealer is really nasty..

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58