Unknown loss of coolant

dpantazis

Reaction score
if the dealer is nasty, they have to PROVE it caused the malfunction that caused the damage.

google Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and read up if they give you grief.

however, knowing how common this problem is, you should not have an issue getting it fixed.

good luck

SiFlyBy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
With all the bone stock trucks that are blowing headgaskets and EGR coolers, etc... its really hard to say that some extra power by any means (except maybe a programmer) could do the damage. I had one come in that was chipped with headgskets out and the Ford technical hotline engineer told me that even with the chip it was our(the dealerships) call on whether or not to honor the warranty.

silver6o

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to keep driving the truck? Or should i take it to the dealer asap. I still have some anti freeze to last me maby a few weeks and Im not sure ill b able to be with out my truck, atleast for the next 2 weeks.

thx for all the replies so far

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
It will only get worse, but as long as you keep an eye on it and don't overheat,it might be o.k. It can progress to blown H.G.'s and even warped heads if it gets too hot. Ask me how I know this......... Good Luck.

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three Words... DieselSite Coolant Filter. Oh Yeah,and Casting Sand; the reason we need the filter in the first place!

YES!!! BOTH (silver60 and bubbantx) of you with coolant loss problems need to invest in a coolant bypass filter from dieselsite once you get your trucks back!

Last edited:

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Hello Folks, just got the word on my Truck, Dealership has had a week and a half Now thanks To Hurricane Ike. They say it is the Egr Cooler, I asked what they would do with the Muffler as it is soaked in antifreeze ! Might take awhile to burn it out, they said they would look at it when it was done.. I have a 100 k Warrenty on it I am purchasing the 200k warrenty when I get it back. The Egr coolant delete will that void the New warranty? Just Looking for some feedback Scott

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
You can bet, that they won't honor the new warranty if you bring the truck in with an EGR cooler delete. Just as they would with the factory warranty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58