Up-graded to a "Air Borne" FW hitch..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only towed with it for 300 miles but I must say.. I'm Impressed.

It dampens the rough road/exspantion joint/ Pot hole shock to the point where you hardly notice it. IMO, it just HAS TO BE better on yer FW frame and structure.

I talked with quite a few guys that changed to the Air Born and they all said good things about it... Gave it a shot.. glad I did it.

For those that havent heard of one... It replaces yer OEM Pin Box. The Pin plate is hinged at the front, an Air Bag assists in supporting yer vertical Hitch weight but dampens direct vertical shock, also has has a shock absorber to dampen horizontal movement.

Just my :2c on a new idea in hitch design.

Joe

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it at my local RV Lot/Store.. A bit pricey @ 750 Bucks but it's 4 times the pin box as far as Construction & Quality. It'l pay off in the long run. Ive already had some minor structural/cabnetry issues to deal with from our Highwayz.

You can check it out at www.fifthairborne.com

Joe

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the receiver version from another company. I can't imagine towing daily without it. People usually think these are a ton of $ until they have one. Then they would shoot you before giving it up.

Mine is this one.

http://easyriderhitch.com/receiverairhitch.html

How much was your reciver model if you don't mind me askin'. I take my 26' trailer down alot of gravel and bush roads and they are so rough you'd crap your pants. Something like that would be ideal.

Last edited:

Scot

;()
Reaction score
How much was your reciver model if you don't mind me askin'. I take my 26' trailer down alot of gravel and bush roads and they are so rough you'd crap your pants. Something like that would be ideal.

Right around 1100$ There were cheaper models available with less capacity but I didn't want to run into a situation where I needed to buy another one with higher capacity later. Mine is "1,750 pounds TW and 17,500 pounds GTW", that will cover anything I tow with a F-350.Currently I have 1100 on the T and 7K GTW. My 03 broke 2 leaf springs prior to getting the hitch. Michigan roads blow!! -mad Things stay in place in my trailer and I don't get so beat up towing all day. Sometimes I forget the trailer is back there.

Here's the other brand I considered http://airhitchtechnology.com/receivers/index.cfm I didn't like the pivot arm construction. Mine slides on rollers in a channel.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14