up s*** creek...

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
No instrument panel, no overhead console, no power windows, no dome lights, starts and runs, but after I put it in gear the idle kicks up and it doesnt want to move, like the parking brake is on (and no the parking brake is not on)... all fuses good.... got code U0155 (Lost Communication With Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Control Module) anyone have any ideas before I call the dealer???:dunno

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I should probably keep my mouth shut since I know nothing about a E350 but the trucks have two fuse panels(one under the dash, one under the hood). If the E350 does have two did you check them both? Check the relays too...

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I should probably keep my mouth shut since I know nothing about a E350 but the trucks have two fuse panels(one under the dash, one under the hood). If the E350 does have two did you check them both? Check the relays too...

Yes there is two on the vans... and i checked both... relays are good too...

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
My only other thought would be with all the stereo equipment you have in your signature could something in the dash came unplugged?(Lost Communication With Instrument Panel Cluster). Just shooting in the dark here :dunno

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
My only other thought would be with all the stereo equipment you have in your signature could something in the dash came unplugged?(Lost Communication With Instrument Panel Cluster). Just shooting in the dark here :dunno

well everything looks ok under the dash as far as I and two of my friends can see... i'm just gonna have it towed to the dealer and have them fix it... I'm more worried about the possible transmission or ecm failure... I just tried to drive it and when I gave her some throttle it just seemed like it was out of fuel...

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Unless you have drove over 100K I am thinking a 2005 should be under warranty so I think having the dealer fix it would be your best bet. Sorry I wasn't any help. :sorry

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Unless you have drove over 100K I am thinking a 2005 should be under warranty so I think having the dealer fix it would be your best bet. Sorry I wasn't any help. :sorry

no apology needed bud... thanks for helpin out:sweet

it only has 13K miles on it, so she was loaded onto a flatbed towtruck a while ago and was taken to the dealer... the freightliners front tires were about 6 inches off the ground for a second while leveling the bed out with the van on it... that was pretty cool...

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I had some problems once with some similar symptoms. It turned out to be corroded battery posts. I took the cables off, cleaned them good with a wire brush and a bottle of Coke (emergency, 500 miles from home repair methods :eek: ), and all was well again.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tail_Gunner said:
I had some problems once with some similar symptoms. It turned out to be corroded battery posts. I took the cables off, cleaned them good with a wire brush and a bottle of Coke (emergency, 500 miles from home repair methods :eek: ), and all was well again.

I agree with Tail_Gunner, when my alternator went out I had some pretty crazy things happening when the batterys started losing charge. Entire dashboard went out, climate control system, stereo and the ABS light would come on. :2c

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
thanks for the tips guys.. I got a voicemail today from the service advisor here at my local steal-ership... and I'll be sure to post the bad news on here tomorrow after I call him back...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14