update on diesel in coolant

zudnik

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I posted several weeks ago on diesel in my coolant overflow for a 7.3 psd, and was told from several people in this forum it was probably a cracked injector sleeve. this did infact turn out to be the case, 2 sleeves were broke and 3 others were bubbling around the seal , so i ended up having the mechanic change all 8 out since it was already apart, total cost was 1400 labor and 800 for parts , coolant flushed and oil change 2400 all tolled, Ouch. after it was done there still some residual diesel coming thru to the overflow but only a small amount ( it wasn't filling up the overflow like it was before). so will need to flush the system 1 more time and should be all set. thanx to all that responded to my first post as that was a big help so i knew if the mechanic was knowledgeable at all. :)

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to learn to do this stuff at home... I did it myself and was out about $500 total. Not a hard job at all, just time consuming.

zudnik

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yea could of saved a ton of money, but having the time to do it is the problem,also the truck is my daily driver which also poses a problem on down time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58