upfitter switches

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i already have the upfitters from the factory. I was going to install my led warning lights for snow plowing and i found the blunt ends on the aux wires. I looked at the tech article from ford reguarding the switches and i'm a little confused now. I believe all i need to do is connect my power line for the lights to what ever aux wire i want and the ground the other, please chime in if any different. I just wanted to get this process correct the first time. also is the high idle mod the smae for the 08's? connecting the pto wire to an aux for power? thanks.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Sounds like you got it!!! just make sure you hook to one with enought amperage, There should be two that are 30 amps and two that are 10 amps, or you could always hook up to a simple relay if you need more current than that!

I don't know about the high idle, sorry!!

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks, its a led lightbar so at most its like 1-3 amps, if that. so is the high idle is the same process as described in the earlier SD trucks?

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, its easy as hell to hook up to the upfitter switches. I took the positive of my lights and hooked it to the aux 3 and grounded the negative from the light under the dash and would you know it works. I also did the high idle mod, ran the jumper from the BCP to aux 4 and when the park brake applied and aux 4 switched on it idles around 1200, sometimes around 950-1000 deopending on the load, lights on, ac on etc. what a great option from ford.

08KINGRANCHF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok, its easy as hell to hook up to the upfitter switches. I took the positive of my lights and hooked it to the aux 3 and grounded the negative from the light under the dash and would you know it works. I also did the high idle mod, ran the jumper from the BCP to aux 4 and when the park brake applied and aux 4 switched on it idles around 1200, sometimes around 950-1000 deopending on the load, lights on, ac on etc. what a great option from ford.

I want to do the high idle mod. What is the BCP and where is it located? Thanks for the help.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its with a bunch of cut wires located under the left side of dash, cant remember the color, there are like 12-14 wires taped up.

`08 BlueCrew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hdjeff

I was just connecting another addon to the upfitter switches the other day. If I remember correctly, AUX1 and AUX2 are 30A, AUX3 is 10A and AUX4 is 15A. So far I'm using AUX3 and AUX4. Don't know if I will ever need AUX1 or AUX2.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know for sure aux 1 is 30a, aux 4 is 10a. I cant remember if we have 2 30a or its 2 15a being aux 2 and 3.

`08 BlueCrew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I checked my O/M. It states that AUX1 and 2 are 30A, AUX3 is 10A and AUX4 is 15A.

Was there a misprint in earlier O/M's that was recently corrected? Anyone know? It would sure help to know the correct information.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go by your owners manual, I havent messed with my upfitters since I bought my truck, thats over a year ago. The details are sketchy anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58