upfitter switches

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
ok i installed my gauges today and was wanting to commect the lights to my upfitter switch so i can turn them on and off separate from my regular lights. does anyone know how to connect things to these switches = thanks cody

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ckamp52 can't help you hear don't have upfitter switch. Fill in your sig so we know what truck you have. Somebody will be along to help.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Here's a simple How-to for your Signature Cody:sweet

Don't know if this will help but Richard Ray wrote up a well done article for the 2005+ trucks :thumbs

LINKY

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you connect the gauge lights to a switch you wont get
any ablity to DIM the gauges.

most connect the gauge lights to the factory gauge dimmer switch,
on w/ the parking lights and full use of the dimmer...

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
If you pull your fuse box under the dash, behind it there is a group of four orange wires with various colored stripes, these are the leads from you upfitter switches, the 2 smaller ones are the 10 amp fused, and the larger are the 30 amp fused. Sorry I'm not sure on the stripe colors. :dunno Someone here I'm sure will be able to tell you.

Once you choose the upfitter switch (orange wire with stripe) just connect that wire to the positive wire on the guage for the backlight, and ground out the ground, flip the switch and it should work like a charm.:sweet

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
thanks guys i finally got it all done except i tried to go the cheap route and buy blue bulbs for them but they dont glow blue. so i guess i willhave to break down and get the led kit so they will look like i want. but thanks for all the help guys:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14