upgrade tunes

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
on monday, I will be upgrading the tunes so to speek, in my 06 f350 crew.
door and rear speakers, will be upgraded to rockford, 6x8, three way. the amp will also be installed, kicker 700.5, the sub will come later. one of the problems I am having, is the location of the amp and sub, we have decieded that the single sub,(eigther a rockford m2 12, or a kicker L5 12) will be located behind the seat, not alot of room, and with the power rear slider, even less. have any of you put a system in your truck, and are there any pictures, I may be able to view? I would really like to keep all the rear seat functions, as I hunt, and the rear fold out metal thingy, really works good for the dog. thanks for any help I can get.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Im surprised noone put any links for their pictures. I know I have seen some. Post up a couple of yours so we can see what you did. :sweet

JSchuricht

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will second that. Getting ready to install 2 Alpine 12" type X, 2 sets of Alpine 6 1/2" type X components, 2 1000w Alpine PDX amps and a 4 channel Alpine PDX amp. Would love to see some pics of others rigs for inspiration.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
the 6x8s were put into doors, not alot to see there. don't have the sub in yet, but the lay out will be sub on drivers side, with amp on pass side, I have decieded I need some front imaging, so tweeters might go in the air ducts, or on the side pillers.

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddys 99 has the center front seat under the console converted to a sub box. It still has a little foam and the org. cloth cover under the console. Good mod if you dont plain on having anyone sit in the middle up front. I think it was a MTX brand box.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
truck goes in monday for the RCA, 5.1, cable add on. also the wiring harness for using the aux button will also be installed, then my sat radio will be hard wired to the factory head unit, possibly front imaging will also be installed.
thought of a new location for the front imaging speakers, it's hard to explain, but mounting them into the dash, kinda above the head unit, where the dash slopes down toward the windshield, they would fire off the windshield, back towards the cabin, just a thought, what do you guys think.

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you talking about your center speaker. this is just a thought. how big are the centers going to be. i have seen 2 small speakers that can be installed behind your rearview mirror firing to the windshield for a somewhat stealth look. you can run your wires in the headliner. i dont know how good it will sound. if i can find the link ill post it.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
well sat radio is now hard wired to the factory head unit. If anyone with sat radio, has not done this, you should, really sounds better.
Also bought a new radio the sportster 4, now after 1 and a half weeks, sportster 4 was removed, and a starmate 4 was installed, the sportster 4 is junk in my opinion.
the subs have been completly changed again, I believe we will be going with JL audio w3,10,3, dont know if I got the numbers right, but I like these subs, compared to the rockfords. (oh boy, here it comes)
front imaging has also been a problem as I want to use softdome tweeters, and most audio places carry hard dome, I guess there are more people that like there highs piercing, not mellow, and clean, without the harshness.
the subs are 6in deep, that creates a problem using 3/4in mdf. any creative minds have a drawing of how to make these subs work with 7in behind the seats?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58