Upgraded 6.0 EGR cooler

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EGR Delete Kits

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen the different type of EGR delete kits and how much of a difference they make. I've seen plugs and kits that replace the EGR pipe with a solid line. Does it really make that much of a difference as long as it's plugged?

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For us newer 6.0 guys, removing the EGR up-pipe and cutting out the scoop is a HUGE gain in flow to the turbo. I replied to your PM i-Henry.

MuleMan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the $100 kit off eBay. The instructions are flakey and it did not have everything like some of the other offerings (loctite and misc gaskets). Will try installing it on Sunday, Sept 6 - stay tuned. This kit blocks off the exhaust with a press in type of plug and the EGR stays in place. Also upgrading the exhaust to Diamond Eye and installing exhaust manifold gaskets.

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ebay purchase

Did that kit have a model or manufacturer?

I just purchased the $100 kit off eBay. The instructions are flakey and it did not have everything like some of the other offerings (loctite and misc gaskets). Will try installing it on Sunday, Sept 6 - stay tuned. This kit blocks off the exhaust with a press in type of plug and the EGR stays in place. Also upgrading the exhaust to Diamond Eye and installing exhaust manifold gaskets.

MuleMan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cheap EGR delete kit

The kit contains genuine Ford gaskets and other parts except for the freeze plug and block off plate. As to a manufacture number or something similar, I believe it is one individual's knowledge of what it takes to block off the EGR. If you want to know specifics, please contact me off the forum.

Also, I am not done with this procedure as I found a rather large hole burned in the drivers side flex joint of my Y pipe. This will take another evening or two to get it all back together. Hoping for a little luck.
:turbo

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EGR block off vs EGR delete

I've seen the block off plates and I'm just wondering if I'll encounter any problems using them. I'm not sure I want to go to the full EGR delete kit because I don't know if it would keep me from passing emissions tests in the future. We don't have them around here and I don't think we are going to get them, but I just trying to think ahead a little.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For your 2006 you may find the CEL or a code will happen when using the block plate. Using an SCT that limits the EGR valve function will prevent the CEL or code.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg