Upgraded frontend

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got some upgrades for my frontend coming in the mail. I got some '05 lights coming and a different '03 grille. I was wondering if I could change over to the '05 header panel and keep my '03 bumper and grille? Also I've heard some people talking about how they dont think the '05 lights are as bright as the '03's, and they were talking about a upgraded harness instead of just getting the pigtails. I'd also like to know what the number for the turn signal bulbs in the '05 lights are because I wanna go eith the blacked out bulbs. Any help would be great. Thanks.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not going to upgrade the bumper and grille, your better off staying with your existing header panel and modifying it for the 05 lights. The upgrade harness I used was from GOS. Headlight Conversion Harness
I just re-used the existing turn signal and marker light connections with the new headlights.

Hope it helps.

Barrett

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I had already decided to just cut the '03 headerpanel when I found out the price of the '05. Not worth it! I did see the harness' on another website and they reccomend using two of their universal harness' to run one from each battery. They would actually be about the same price.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stephen! That is a bigger help than you know. I was just gona wing it but now I gotta good view of what i need to do. Fed Ex just delivered my grill, gotta do a little mod'n to it and my lights should be here tomorrow. Gonna be next week sometime before I can get the relay harness, dang thing is on BACKORDER everywhere. I'll post some before and after pics when its all done. Gotta couple other tricks up my sleeve(you know how I like my stainless steel)

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this '05 headlight and its free if itll work! The cover that covers the bulb had popped out and I got it back in and superglued it. Do yall think the heat from the light will cause the superglue to let go? Also how much do you think where the chrome reflector stuff is messed up will effect it?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
that looks pretty nasty king.

I guess it's worth a try, hard to say if it will hold up or not.

if it's free, you got nothing to loose.

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Found this '05 headlight and its free if itll work! The cover that covers the bulb had popped out and I got it back in and superglued it. Do yall think the heat from the light will cause the superglue to let go? Also how much do you think where the chrome reflector stuff is messed up will effect it?

I would use clear RTV to reseal the lens.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its actually the cover inside the light itself that covers the bulb that had came out of the holder. The lens is still sealed up tight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14